Bailies Brew Class
This course is aimed at both the coffee enthusiast who wants to learn how to best make great tasting coffee at home as well as the the average coffee drinker who just wants to know a little bit more about what they're drinking.
This class will take beginners and enthusiasts alike through a host of different ways to brew and enjoy coffee. A little theory on the key essentials of brewing is followed by getting your hands on the brew equipment to test your skills and taste some truly great coffees. You will be shown how to get the best out of different techniques, like pour over, aeropress and cafetiere. The class runs from 11am to 2pm in our custom built centre of excellence, each participant gets refreshments on the day as well as a goodie bag to take home with them.
The content covered will include:
- Where does coffee come from? How is it farmed and harvested, processed and finally roasted?
- Equipment choices. Espresso Vs Filter and choosing a grinder.
- Water quality, and how it affects your coffee
- A beginners guide to cupping (coffee tasting)
- Brewing techniques for home (Aeropress, V60 and french press)
- Tips on buying coffee, roast dates, freshness and good storage.