Who we are
Bailies Coffee Roasters - Roasters to Watch (Caffeine Magazine 2018)
Since our establishment in 1993, we’ve grown to become one of the leading specialty coffee roasters across Ireland and the UK.
Behind our success is a close-knit team of 30 staff in our Belfast roastery working in a diverse range of roles, from the roasters, green coffee buyers and production teams through to the engineers, barista trainers and sales & marketing team.
Our recognition in the industry is driven by how we do things and the care and attention we take in what we do.
We source our coffee from our valued farming partners across the world, roast it in Belfast and supply it to leading independent specialty coffee shops and premium hotels across the UK, Ireland and Europe. At the heart of the business is a state of the art modern coffee roastery, equipment showroom and training academy.
Job Opportunity | Barista and Sales Support
Company: Bailies Coffee Roasters
Position: Barista and Sales Support
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Closing Date: 26 February 2020 by 5pm
Due to continued growth we are expanding our team at Bailies Coffee Roasters.
Bailies Coffee is a close-knit team of dedicated people passionate about creating world class coffee experiences, providing great customer service, and having a lot of fun along the way. We are humbled and proud to be sourcing coffee from some of the world’s best coffee producers, and building ethical, sustainable long term relationships with coffee farming communities committed to quality coffee production. We take meticulous care, pride and attention to detail at every stage of the coffee journey from tasting, sourcing and roasting, to supporting our trade customers and end-consumers through coffee education, training and business guidance. We are ultimately driven by our sense of responsibility to the coffee farmers and our passion for ensuring pleasurable coffee experiences and satisfied customers.
As we continue to grow our business, we have new and exciting opportunity for a skilled coffee professional with excellent customer service skills to join our team. Courteous, knowledgeable and confident, you will have excellent product knowledge, and superior barista skills with a desire to develop these skills further. Above all you will have a great attitude towards learning, a genuine thirst for knowledge and the desire to become part of the Bailies journey.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Answer incoming calls, screen and direct as required.
- Ensure messages are recorded and relayed to the appropriate person.
- Provide information to clients, customers and/or potential customers as required by the company.
- Develop knowledge of existing clients and/or customers.
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness.
- Control inventory for the reception and cupping areas.
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support.
- Prepare correspondence and documents.
- Input and process client orders.
- Input and process sales quotations accurately on behalf of the Account Managers
- Correctly enter and maintain client data in the CRM system.
- Answer calls from existing clients and pass over any leads from prospective clients to the Sales team.
- Respond to and take ownership of client and internal queries in a timely fashion.
- Ensure client requests are chased up internally with the relevant team and relay any updates back to the client.
- Process and co-ordinate sales requests from different areas of the business, such as Support to Sales escalations.
- Resolve invoice and sales related queries for the Finance department.
- Handle any client complaints in a professional manner, escalating to relevant personnel.
- Provide sales data and various reports to help the Sales and Finance teams as required.
- Ensure accuracy and timely filing including e-filing for the department.
- Ensure all information is stored confidentially operating a tidy desk policy at all times.
- Prepare, present and serve coffee and tea beverages meticulously in accordance with company standards.
- Develop and maintain a thorough and current working knowledge of our full range of coffee equipment and be able to advise customers on benefits and limitations of each piece of equipment.
- Maintain coffee knowledge on current offerings and confidently and accurately communicate product information to customers.
- Actively participate in coffee and tea tastings to further product knowledge and contribute feedback and ideas for improvement.
- Educate customers and staff on coffee and tea.
- Attend training sessions, seminars and workshops to constantly advance education on coffee, tea, espresso bar skills, brew bar skills.
- Attain Professional level certification in SCA Barista Skills and Brewing & Grinding modules.
- Work with our sales team and collaborate on ideas to engage customer interest.
- Demonstrate an ongoing pursuit of education, training, and industry trends.
- Experience working as a barista in the specialty coffee, retail, hospitality and/or customer service industries.
- A genuine love and passion for speciality coffee and a desire to develop a career as a coffee professional.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Great organisational, planning and time management skills and good intuition.
- Flexible, with the ability to multi-task in a highly demanding, sometimes stressful environment.
- Resourceful with a logical and methodological approach to problem solving.
- Good team player combined with ability to work on own initiative.
- IT proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- A working knowledge of a wide range of coffee machines and grinders.
- Experience in using CRM systems.
- Preference for candidates with recent experience delivering barista training.
To apply please forward your current CV outlining how you meet the requirements for the position as outlined above to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is on Monday 26th of February at 5.00pm